Saturday 10 September 2011

Top Drawer Prep & The Old Cinema

So, after a long train journey (details of which I won't go into) we arrived in London Euston this morning at 06:45.  After quickly nipping back to our hotel in Chiswick we met up with my good friend Lauren who was helping with my set-up. 

After a little while, boxes were assembled, cushions stuffed and decals stuck!  After laying everything out however- I decided that the thing that was missing was an old school chair, for my Caramel Wafer cushion to sit on.  You know the kind I mean: painted steel legs with a curved light-wood back and seat.  As the events hall only had shiny new chairs (much to my dismay) we set about scouring London for perfect prop...and I was lucky enough to be able to rent a beautiful vintage Belgian school chair on a daily basis from the treasure trove that is The Old Cinema antique and retro furniture store on Chiswick High Street.

So- after a few tweaks early tomorrow morning, I am ready to go!  I'll take lots of photos and try my best to blog tomorrow!

I'll be uploading the rest of the photos from my trip so far to my Facebook page very soon!

No comments: