Friday 18 December 2009

A Very Good Wednesday

Just thought I'd take the time to write a little bit about Handmade Heaven2 this Wednesday. Firstly I'd like to say "cheers" to Michelle Souter for organising the whole thing, and all of the lovely folks who came along for a peek...not forgeting those who bought some of my things- I hope NikkiMade makes your gift-giving great this Christmas!


One of my favourite stalls on Wednesday was that of Designer and Dressmaker, Paleface (aka Catherine Barthram). The Paleface range includes dresses, vests, skirts, jackets bags, corsages and capes (my personal fave!) and featured reclaimed and reworked fabrics. Not only was the choice and combinations of texture and colour beautiful- but each piece was made to a very high standard. As well as this- each piece (considering how much work and skill had obviously gone into them) was very reasonably priced. To see more Paleface, or to buy your own- have a look at her website: http://www.palefacemakes.co.uk/. I recommend you do!
The next Handmade Heaven fair will hopefully take place in early 2010...more details to come soon!

2 comments:

catherine aka paleface said...

thank you very much for posting this nikki! have a lovely time over the festive period and i am sure to see you in the new year :D
catherine

Nikki McWilliams said...

No problem Catherine- it was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely work! Hopefully I will own some in the near future! Nx