Saturday 23 January 2010

Busy Busy Busy!


It has been quite a while since I blogged, but I'm putting this down to 2 things: The fact that I have been mega busy, and also that I have discovered twitter! You can follow my tweets (updated many-times daily!) here.

So I thought I'd better give an update of what's been going on, and what's due to go-on soon!

I will be participating in Central Station's Pop-Up Tour of Dundee's art community. Many of Dundee's art events are staging theirs for the tour, including Handmade Heaven at the Hannah Maclure centre, and Superfly- which I am lucky enough to have been chosen to be part of! I am also working with Central Station for a pretty sweet addition to their evening event- which I'd like to be a surprise...so I'm saying no more! The image above is a detail of the work I will be showing during the Superfly poster exhibition.

Local Artist Michelle Souter and I have been very busy setting up a new group for Dundee's artists and makers- We are to be called "The Shimmy" and will be sending out an open call for members very soon!


The sale at my Folksy shop, Nikkimade is going well, and will finish on midnight on Sunday the 31st of January- so snap up a bargain while you still can! I have loads of one-off designs made from vintage fabrics, as well as my famous Tunnock's-wrapper range!
So if you aren't already, and you're in the area- get yourself along to the Central Station Pop-Up Tour, and join the group aswell, if you havn't already!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My my you have been busy indeed! I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year Xx

Nikki McWilliams said...

I did, thank you! Hoping to see some new creations in your shop this coming year!